Rules of Play
PUBLIC GOLF, BEST BALL RULES
- Teams may be two, three, or four players.
- Each player plays their own ball; the best score on the hole is the team score. Note: If you cannot be the low score on the hole you may pick up.
- This format follows on every hole.
- If the event is net scores, using the player’s handicap record the appropriate net score for each hole.
- A team captain should be designated. The team captain is responsible for keeping the score and making sure net scores are correct if applicable.
PUBLIC GOLF, SCRAMBLE RULES
- Teams are made up of four (4) players.
- Each player tees off from each hole. The team captain decides which drive is the best.
- After selecting the best drive, the other players must pick up their ball and proceed to the selected drive.
- From this point, each player plays a second shot.
- The team captain again selects the best shot and the remaining three (3) golfers pick up their balls.
- This proceeds, including putting, until the hole is completed
- Putt out all holes – no “gimmies”.
- Each team must use at least three (3) tee shots from each team member. (optional rule)
- The team captain is responsible for keeping the score and making sure each player accounts for a minimum of three (3) tee shots. This should be marked on the score card using player’s initials.
- If playing a 3-some, a minimum of four (4) tee shots is required from each player.